Head Coach, London Runner Distance Club
A former Western Mustang, Weiler began coaching in 2000. Following several years of assistant coaching duties, Steve founded the London Runner Distance Club in 2006. He has coached multiple LRDC athletes to Canadian Championship medals and National teams, while developing an Athlete Assistance Program to support aspiring Elite runners. Steve is also the race director for the Runners' Choice London Distance Series and the London Honda Race Series.
Practical coaching experience
- Coached athletes to the Senior National level in all track distances 800m-10,000m, and to Nationally-ranked level over the Half-Marathon and Marathon distances
- Coach for 'Team Canada' at the 2008 Austin Marathon, 2008 and 2009 Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon International Team Challenge
- Coach for 'Team Canada' at the 2012 Bolder Boulder International Team Challenge
- NCCP Level III Middle-Distance Running
- Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology, Honours, University of Western Ontario